50mm Lath - Tube Motor Operated Roller Shutters
Access door for light duty security or storage applications with electric operations.
Specific applications include shop fronts, shopping malls, small factory units, vendor stalls,
serving and reception counters, stadiums, general storage rooms, equipment and plant rooms, school
and hospital storage and products displays.
3,500 mm wide x 3,000 mm high
- Curtain - Constructed using 50 mm interlocking extruded aluminium laths. The
laths are retained in position using nylon end locks fitted with aluminium rivets.
Refer 'Aluminium Lath' drawing details.
- Bottom Rail - 'Standard', 'Deep' and 'Reverse' options available using
extruded aluminium sections complete with finger pull. A Bottom Seal can be
provided as an optional extra. Refer 'Architectural Alum Bottom Rail' drawings
- Side Guides and Angles - Side Guides are fabricated from 50 x 32 x 3.0 mm
galvanised steel channel roll formed in house and complete with splayed tops.
Side Guide options include 65 x 32 x 3mm galvanised steel and 38 x 29 x 3mm
extruded aluminium. Where required or specified the Side Guides are bolted to
fixing angles or posts of size and thickness to suit the shutter and application.
Refer 'Architectural Alum Side Guide' drawing details for options.
- Roller Drum - Fabricated from 100 mm extruded aluminium tube. The assembly
incorporates helical torsion springs engineered to counter balance the Curtain,
fixed to nylon roller blocks and a mild steel axle. The tube is mill finish
- Bracket Plates - Fabricated from 3 mm galvanised steel in sizes to suit the
height of the opening and engineered tube size. Generally the Brackets are
fixed to the supporting angles. The Bracket Plates are provided with fixing
lugs where hoods or fascia panels are required or specified.
- Operation - Tube Motor selection is based on torque required to lift the Curtain
during its operating cycle. Motors are 240 V and can be activated through a variety
of control devices to suit application or customer preference. Tube motors require a
13amp fused spur within 1 metre of opening.
- Door Locking - Provided using either 1 or 2 Bullet Pins, Rod Lock or via a
Central Keyed Lock to the Bottom Rail depending on customer preference.
- Finishes - Aluminium components are supplied in mill finish as standard.
Etch and Clear Anodising or Powder Coating in standard available colours is an
optional extra and is applied using our in house powder coat line. All mild
steel items are provided with zinc rich primer paint hand applied.
- Hoods / Fascias - Available as optional extras to suit the application.
Hoods are manufactured in house from 20 swg (0.9 mm) galvanised steel sheet.
Vision / Ventilation - Laths can be slotted to provide ventilation or vision
through the Curtain as an optional extra. Refer 'Aluminium Lath' drawing details.
- Weight - 15 kg/m2
Technical drawings of this product are listed below in PDF format. You will need the free
Adobe Reader® software to view these files.
Get Adobe Reader
Shutter Locking Options
To find out about our fast lead times, pricing and any other details contact our dedicated Sales Consultants on 0161 210 5153.