24 Hour Service
Dover Vanguard Roller Shutters offers 24 hour per day emergency service and repairs.
Our emergency repairs contact phone number 0161 210 5153 is manned throughout the entire day. You will not get an
answering machine or an answering service. The person that answers your phone will assess your needs and despatch
a maintnance engineer to fix your problem should you require such action. In situations such as break-ins, shutters
hit by vehicles or shutters jammed open we will ensure you get locked up overnight.
We are a manufacturer of a broad range of roller shutters and therefore replacement materials can generally be
obtained within 24 hours. This gives Dover Vanguard Roller Shutters the ability to provide fast, efficient and
cost effective service and repairs. All Dover Vanguard Roller Shutters work is performed in accordance with our
Quality Assurance systems. Our Company is committed to providing quality products and fast efficient service.
All our service technicians are highly trained and we have stringent Health & Safety systems in place to ensure
they work safely on your premises and that your staff and assets are without risk.
In this day and age inspection of buildings and operating equipment including roller shutters, fire
shutters and other doors should be an important part of any risk assessment process conducted by responsible
corporations. The pricing of these services is relatively small and will save you money by maintaining
operating assets in good condition and repair. This is particularly true in cases where catastrophic
failure can cause major business disruption, damage to the shutter, building, machinery or other assets
and injury or worse to staff or public.
During our many years in business we have established links with many of the UK's leading businesses
and institutions. We provide preventative maintenance and 24 hour emergency repair services to all segments
of industry and government; including warehouses, distribution centres, shopping centres, city buildings, car
parks, industrial complexes, factories, hotels, public utilities, schools and government buildings.
Call us for a proposal covering the following areas for your review and
- Services provided by Dover Vanguard Roller Shutters
- Benefits of regular maintenance to your roller shutters
- Schedule of Works performed during maintenance
- Recommended Service Frequency
- Proposed Preventative Maintenance Agreement
- Emergency 24 hour repair service and contact phone number
We believe our proposal offers you an opportunity to save money, time and eliminate or limit operational
difficulties that may occur with serious failure.
Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
All machines and mechanical devices benefit from regular programmed maintenance. People generally
would agree that it is common sense to have their car serviced regularly and likewise Factory Managers
set aside time and money to ensure their plant and equipment is operating efficiently and to reduce down
time caused by machine failures.
During our many years of practical experience working in the roller shutter industry we have found
that preventative maintenance on a regular basis has the following benefits:
- prolongs the operating life of roller shutters
- improves the operation of the roller shutters
- extends the periods of trouble free operation
- reduces the incidence of break downs
- reduces the incidence of component failures
- reduces the incidence of accidents
- reduces costs and the inconveniences relating to operational delays
- reduces the cost of "one off" repairs
- Improves the response time to breakdowns because we know the location of the shutters and the people on site
When you enter into a preventative maintenance agreement with Dover Vanguard Roller Shutters we take an
inventory of all your roller shutters and perform a full inspection to record all relevant details regarding
dimensions, slat type, operation etc. Therefore, in the event of damage occurring to one of your roller shutters
the information is on file and prompt action in obtaining replacement materials can be taken.
Regular inspection of your working equipment also ensures that you do not get any surprises relating to
capital outlays. Should we note potential problems and recommend remedial works you can budget and program
for the works rather than it occur when it is least convenient. Our experience in the industry tells us that
preventative maintenance provides substantial economic and operational benefits to our customers. As a result
we encourage all our clients with new roller shutters to take advantage of our cost effective maintenance
The other services provided by Dover Vanguard Roller Shutters include:
- Inspection and reporting on all types of roller shutters and doors products.
- The respring of rollers in incidents where springs are damaged or broken
- Repair and replacement of damaged rollers, curtains, bottom rails and guide tracks caused through accidents or wear
- Motorisation of roller shutters that are currently hand or chain operated
- Installation of remote control operation
- Changing the hand of roller shutters i.e. changing the side of operation
- Changing the position of roller shutters i.e. new location or change of height
- Replacement of motor units
- Wiring motor units and adjustment of limit switches
- Supply and installation of new shutters
- Supply and installation of bollards
- Take down and removal of old roller shutters
- The installation of wicket gates into roller shutters as a building exit.